May 6, 2010

CiNcO dE mAyO!

Cinco de Mayo 9 years ago Mike and I got engaged. We weren't celebrating Cinco de Mayo that day, instead we were celebrating Mike's twin's wife's graduation at Utah State. The whole engagement thing started with Mike's sister, Kara, earlier in the day asking us "So what are your plans?" Mike thought she meant future plans with me, not just what our plans were for later that night which is what she was really asking. I thought it was cute that that simple question got him nervous. It did get Mike thinking, and so on our long drive home back to Provo we started talking about marriage, and without an official proposal, we decided we were going to get married. Not too exciting, but it's fun to think about! I'll always remember that day!

So we never really celebrate Cindo de Mayo in our house, but I'm always excited for a reason to celebrate anything, so I had Ashton help me plan a mini party for our little family. We ran to the grocery store to figure out a good meal for a little fiesta. Ashton loved feeling like my helper with suggestions! Before dinner though, a friend in the neighborhood put a pinata in our park for the kids. Our neighborhood is the neatest, everyone always comes up with the funnest things to celebrate holidays for the kids.It went from being sunny and warm to FREEZING by the time we did the pinata, so I think my kids were more concerned with staying warm than participating, but they still had fun! And a sweet older boy gave all of his candy to Brayden when he saw she didn't get any, so she didn't even have to work for hers!This is my sad attempt at Cinco de Mayo decorations...I had some things leftover from Brayden's 4th birthday party which was a Mexican Fiesta, and all I could find as far as balloons go were a couple of tiny water balloons! Oh well, the kids thought it was fun!I made my favorite quick, easy Mexican meal, taco soup, and my own version of tres leches for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment