January 8, 2012

SuperFood

As I said in my earlier post, I am trying to eat healthier and do the same for my family, which includes adding a lot more fruits and vegetables to our diet. Even liking vegetables, I've never been good at including them in all of our meals as much as I should, and it's hard get the right balance of everything. Then, there's the kids. Brayden will eat anything, but Ashton is very picky. There are some veggies he will eat - some probably most kids wouldn't - but a lot he won't try or even touch. Then, when we make him eat different things, he sometimes gags on whatever he doesn't like and throws up! So frustrating! I talked to some people at a vitamin shop about how to make sure my kids are getting what they need, especially my picky Ashton, and they showed me the "green" stuff. I've never looked into taking in my "greens" as a drink or vitamin, but they had a whole section just for that. I did pick up some chewable greens vitamins for the kids and I tried some different things for me, but my favorite stuff is this.....
It's Kidz SuperFood, a drink powder that contains 32 rainbow colored fruits and veggies plus probiotics. You can get sample packs of the different flavors at Dave's Nutrition that we have locally, and then I found it cheaper online (Amazon) to buy the whole containers. They have adult and kid ones - I just got the kid ones (we share for now) in berry and chocolate. The berry tastes a lot like Koolaid to me (but of course this is all natural with no sugar, sweetened with stevia, a natural herb), I actually crave it, and the chocolate is pretty good too, (with milk) although I taste an herby taste a little more in that one. A lot of people say that one is their favorite, though. Both are way better than any of the other green drinks I sampled by far! I don't want to have this to replace veggies and fruits because I really want to get in good habits and get the kids to like and appreciate them for what they are, but it puts my mind at ease that even when we lack in some of our meals, my kids are at least getting a lot of what they need in this. I just thought I would share this because if my kids drink it, I'm sure most kids would! Just be sure to try the samples first, because everyone's tastes are different!

We also always drink our Emergen-C, which both kids love and always ask for.
When kids are picky, I'm so glad there are at least some things I know for sure they will take in to help make and keep their bodies healthy and strong!

1 comment: