January 12, 2010

The Phone...

I honestly can't remember the last time I was able to talk on the phone in PEACE! I seriously have to go into my bedroom, lock the door, then go into my bathroom and shut that door and talk in my closet! In the mean time Ashton is screaming and trying to kick the door down! Today I had to call our insurance company and doctor to find out some important info, and thinking Ashton was occupied I didn't lock my bedroom door. BIG mistake! He came in and started getting loud and demanding, so when "shushing" didn't work (as if it ever does!) I hurried into the bathroom, shut the door and locked it and he proceeded to do his thing, screaming and trying to kick the door down. I'm sure the people I was talking to heard all of the commotion and wondered what could possibly be going on with my child who sounded like he was being tortured! That is why I have to lock my bedroom door AND go into the closet in my bathroom! It's so sad! This kid is so loud and so impatient and doesn't know what "just a minute" means! Everything has to be NOW or he freaks out, not that I give in to him, you'd think he'd know by now he doesn't always get his way, but he never gives up and the screaming begins! So if I'm ever on the phone with you and you hear what sounds like a child being tortured in the background, just know that it's just Ashton begging for a snack, a drink, a show, a game, my attention...

2 comments:

  1. Sure blame it on him trying to get your attention. J/k Doesn't it seem like the kids can be just fine, but as soon as you hop on the phone they always need something are have to start fighting? It drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So been there! I like to spuradically remind my children of the RULE. "What's the rule when mommy's on the phone?" Kids: "Don't bother or talk to you." Mom: "That's right!"

    ReplyDelete