August 31, 2008

Our Little Cinderella



Lately Brayden has been saying more and more things that make me think that she will actually be turning 15 this October instead of 5! I have to write some of these things down before I forget them. I'm sure there will be more soon in the future, but this is what I have that I can remember for now:

-Every morning when Brayden sees herself in the mirror with her hair all messy she gets VERY upset! One morning I heard her screaming in the bathroom then yell "I HATE my hair! I just want to cut it short!" She also has shown me in a magazine that she wants her hair platinum blonde!

-I wear mostly heels to make up for my height, but I have 1 pair of really comfy sandals, and Brayden HATES when I wear them! She tells me that they are ugly and that it embarrasses her when I wear them!

-She has a crush on a Jonas brother. She likes the youngest, Joe, and she also always recognizes their songs and gets so excited when they come on the radio and makes us turn it up!

-She tells us all the time that she is smarter than us.

-She says "Ashton is soooo annoying!"

-Last night Brayden was mad at Mike for not letting her have/do something she wanted and I heard her next to me say under her breath "Daddy is the evilest!" I asked her, "What did you say?" She told me "Nothing, nothing, I didn't say anything at all." I then said "Brayden, I heard what you said and so did Heavenly Father, please tell me the truth and I won't get mad." Then when saying Heavenly Father knows doesn't get it out of her, I tell her Santa Claus knows too, and that's usually when she breaks down, (I know, that's probably bad, but it gets it out of her every time!) like last night when she finally said "Ok, ok, I said Daddy is the evilest! But he is, he is so evil!" It's okay, Mike, she calls me evil all the time!

-We were cleaning this weekend and I told Brayden she needed to clean up her toys scattered around the living room. She came and told me she was done and I saw she still had some dolls out she needed to put away. She complained and said "You are treating me like Cinderella!" She finally did put her dolls away, but we found that the other toys she told me she cleaned up she had actually just pushed them all underneath the couches! Mike said the only time Brayden maybe resembled Cinderella was when she was kneeling down bent over on the floor pushing the toys under the couch!

Brayden is really a sweet little girl, but it's these particular moments that sometimes make me forget how old she is!

1 comment:

  1. It is such a good idea to write down as much as you can that your kids say! Then you'll remember which kid said what. I've kept journals for my kids and it's been nice to go back and read through them. The kids think it's great!

    ReplyDelete